Revit is the BIM design tool of choice for the modern world, and its use is growing daily. Unfortunately, too many of us are stuck using out-of-the-box block, styles, families, and construction document output because we don’t know how to effectively set up and navigate the complexities of the Revit template and CAD Standards structures. Are you the CAD manager for a design firm, or looking to step up into that position? Does your firm spend far too much time trying to get your Revit output consistent with your company display standards, or too much time copying components from project to project? If any of those relate to you, then ZenTek Consultants is here to help you build both the CAD Management skills and practical template controls you need to automate and simplify all your projects.
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Note: Instructor will present using Autodesk Revit 2023. Students who wish to follow along with instructor are encouraged to use the same version. Students should have a solid understanding of Revit or have taken the Revit Exploring the Essentials course.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 7 consecutive days. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Must attend all four sessions.
Session 1: Managing Standardization (June 14)
- Program Options and Settings
- Building Standardized Templates and Setting Starting Views
- Creating Title Blocks & Attributes
- Setting Up Worksharing & Worksets
- Controlling Project and External Link Structures
Session 2: Management with Style (June 21)
- Working with Line Weight Settings & Object Styles
- Creating Annotation Styles
- Creating Schedule Styles & Defaults
- Working with Phases
- Understanding Design Options
Session 3: Managing the Daily Processes (June 28)
- Standardized View Templates
- Defining and Controlling Parameters
- Central Model Maintenance & Archiving
- Upgrades & Updates – Best Practices
- Staff Training – How and How Often
Session 4: Customization (July 5)
- Creating and Controlling Family Libraries
- Working with Container Files
- Working with Custom and Downloaded Family Content
- Creating Custom Line Styles
- Creating Custom Fill Patterns