Are you the CAD Manager for a civil/site firm, or would you like to be one? Maybe you’re the owner of a small design firm, just looking to make the most of the software you pay so much for. Whatever the case, this class can help you become a true master of AutoCAD Civil 3D, so you can develop and implement system-wide standards and changes that will have a dramatic impact on your firm’s bottom line. If you aren’t 100% comfortable with all the topics below, then this is the right training resource for you!
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Note: Instructor will present using Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2022. Students who wish to follow along with instructor are encouraged to use the same version. Cost is per person.
Must attend all four sessions.
Session 1: Working With C3D Templates (October 20)
- Civil 3D Default Settings
- Layers, Annotation, & Plotting Standards for Civil 3D
- Automating Point Objects with Descriptor Keys and Point Groups
Session 2: It’s All About Style (October 27)
- Working With Object Display Styles
- Working With & Customizing Label Styles
- Advanced Annotation: Automate Labeling
Session 3: Data Control (November 3)
- Project Structures for Civil Firms
- Organizing Your Design Data with Tool Palettes
- Managing Data Shortcuts and Xrefs
Session 4: Advanced Automation (November 10)
- Templates for Plan, Section, and Profile Production
- Building the Pipe Network Database
- Pre-Defined Point Groups and Surfaces