Are you the CAD Manager for a civil/site firm, or would you like to be one? Maybe you’re the owner of a small design firm, just looking to make the most of the software you pay so much for. Whatever the case, this class can help you become a true master of AutoCAD Civil 3D, so you can develop and implement system-wide standards and changes that will have a dramatic impact on your firm’s bottom line. If you aren’t 100% comfortable with all the topics below, then this is the right training resource for you!
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Note: Instructor will present using Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2023. Students who wish to follow along with instructor are encouraged to use the same version. Cost is per person.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 7 consecutive days. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Must attend all four sessions.
Session 1: Working With C3D Templates (March 29)
- Civil 3D Default Settings
- Layers, Annotation, & Plotting Standards for Civil 3D
- Automating Point Objects with Descriptor Keys and Point Groups
Session 2: It’s All About Style (April 5)
- Working With Object Display Styles
- Working With & Customizing Label Styles
- Advanced Annotation: Automate Labeling
Session 3: Data Control (April 12)
- Project Structures for Civil Firms
- Organizing Your Design Data with Tool Palettes
- Managing Data Shortcuts and Xrefs
Session 4: Advanced Automation (April 19)
- Templates for Plan, Section, and Profile Production
- Building the Pipe Network Database
- Pre-Defined Point Groups and Surfaces