If you’re the CAD Manager for a civil/site firm looking to optimize your standards and increase productivity, this class was designed with you in mind. This Civil 3D file- and process-focused course shows you how to develop and implement system-wide standards and changes that will have a dramatic impact on your firm’s bottom line. Even the most experienced Civil CAD Managers will walk away from this class with new ideas on how to improve their current systems.
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Note: Instructor will present using Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2023. Students who wish to follow along with instructor are encouraged to use the same version.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 7 consecutive days. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Must attend all four sessions.
Session 1: Sheet Set Manager for Civil 3D (April 18)
- Understanding Sheet Sets
- Working with Sheet Sets
- Creating Sheet Sets
- Creating Sheet Sets with Templates
Session 2: Drawing Borders Simplified (April 19)
- Creating Basic Borders
- Attributes & Fields
- Linking to Sheet Set Manager
- Working With Xref Borders
- Options for Distributing Borders
- Integrating Dynamic Blocks Into Borders
Session 3: Drawing Templates (April 25)
- Template Storage and Sharing
- Master Templates vs. Multiple Templates
- Border Size Based Templates
- Location Based Templates
- Process Based Templates
- Templates for Plan, Section, and Profile Production
- Common Properties for Templates
- Template Layer Controls & Annotation Styles
Session 4: Managing Standard Details & Blocks (April 26)
- Building Standardized Details Structure
- Creating and Controlling Block Libraries
- Working with Tool Palettes
- Working with the Design Center
- Building Dynamic Blocks