Survey drafting in AutoCAD Civil 3D has a reputation of being far more difficult than it actually is. You don’t need to work with external databases and Field Books…you can handle all your drafting using basic Civil 3D features. From initial Point import, Point Groups, Descriptor Keys and all the way thru surface creation and linework drafting, this class will show you the simplest methods of generating accurate Survey basemaps.
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Note: Instructor will present using Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021. Students who wish to follow along with instructor are encouraged to use the same version.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 48 consecutive hours. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Must attend all four sessions.
Session 1: Working with Point Data (April 20)
- Creating and Editing Points
- Importing Point Files
- Changing Point and Label Styles
- Managing Points
- Point Groups
- Descriptor Keys
Session 2: Surface Modeling (April 27)
- Understanding Surface Definitions
- Creating a Surface
- Modifying Surfaces
- Creating and Managing Surface Styles
- Surface Analysis and Labeling
Session 3: Survey Drafting (May 4)
- Direction, Distance & Angles
- Drafting With Point Controls
- Side Shot, Offset & Deflection
- Inquiry Tool
- Map Check and Calculators
Session 4: Alignments & Profiles (May 11)
- Creating and Editing Alignments
- Labeling Alignments and Creating Tables
- Creating Surface Profiles
- Managing Profile View Styles