“Field to Finish” – we’ve all heard this phrase with regard to the AutoCAD Civil 3D Survey process, but what does it really mean and how do you make it work? The concept is simple – take the data collected points from your field crews and let AutoCAD Civil 3D handle the drafting for you as points are imported, right? Simple, but not necessarily easy. Most of us still struggle with the advanced Survey Database tools, processes, and features that need to be set up to make this automation happen consistently. We all know it’s a huge time saver, but we just have no idea how to set things up. Not to worry, ZenTek Consultants, the nation’s premiere civil/site experts, is here to help with this vital training class for anyone working in the Civil 3D Survey world.
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Note: Instructor will present using Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2022. Students who wish to follow along with instructor are encouraged to use the same version.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 48 consecutive hours. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Must attend all four sessions.
Session 1: Introduction to Field to Finish (January 4)
- Introducing the Survey Interface
- Configuring Survey Settings
- Creating a Project-based Survey Database
- Additional Supporting Databases
- Importing Field Data
- Import Events
- Analyzing Networks
Session 2: Setting Up for Field to Finish (January 11)
- Configuring Linework Code Sets
- Creating Styles for Field to Finish
- Configuring Figure Prefixes for Field-defined Linework
- Setting up Description Keys for Port Import
Session 3: Post-Processing (January 18)
- Importing Survey Data
- Adjusting for Coding Errors
- Applying Cosmetic Changes to Imported Data
- Working with Point Groups from the Prospector
- Using Survey Data to Create Existing Surfaces
Session 4: Putting the Survey Database to Work (January 25)
- Studying a Survey Network
- Working with Survey Points
- Taking Advantage of Figures
- Creating Survey Point Groups
- Using Survey Queries
- Running Mapcheck
- Utilizing the Geodetic Calculator