Tired of spending hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars working through multiple preliminary design variants in CAD? Don’t you wish you could show clients their projects with real world maps and 3D designs and have them created as simply as they are in a city-building video game? How great would it be to just be able to add/move/drag design elements like roads, bridges, etc. with just a single mouse click and have them update to real 3D design parameters instantly? Well, you don’t have to wish anymore!
Autodesk Infraworks provides simple-to-use tools so that all stakeholders can make critical decisions as early as possible in the project, avoiding costly errors downstream. Infraworks has the power to integrate large scale GIS data with smart 3D models of your site. ZenTek Consultants will teach you how to enhance, visualize, analyze, simulate, and present projects using Infraworks – a software you probably already have access to with your Autodesk subscription. Best of all, once the Infraworks design is complete, you can port it all directly into AutoCAD Civil 3D for use in your detailed design.
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Note: Instructor will present using Autodesk Infraworks 2022. Students who wish to follow along with instructor are encouraged to use the same version.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 48 consecutive hours. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Must attend all four sessions.
Session 1: The Infraworks User Interface (October 14)
- What is Infraworks
- Understanding the Big Picture of Infraworks: Where it is Used and When
- Understanding the User Interface and Program Settings
- Utilizing Model Builder to Get Started Fast
- Model and Application Properties
- BIM 360/ACC, Civil 3D, and Infraworks: Model Sharing
- Working with a Model
- Bookmarks, Snapshots, Thumbnails
Session 2: Bringing in Data from Various Sources (October 21)
- Creating a Base Map Model from GIS and CAD Data
- Attaching and Configuring Data Sources, Surfaces, and Images
- The Data Side: Where is it? How do we use and share it?
- ESRI, ArcGIS Online, and Infraworks
- Stylize Data Sources Manually and with Rules
- Visibility Control in Infraworks Layers: The Explorer Tool
- Finding More Data from Unlikely Sources
Session 3: Sketching a Conceptual Design (October 28)
- Creating a Proposal and Shared Views
- Sketching a Component Road and Profiling
- Styles Creating and Editing
- Grips and Their Uses
- Web Enabling the Model for Collaboration
Session 4: More Model Components and Presenting (November 4)
- Coverages, Land Areas, Parcels, Easements, Coverages
- Utilizing Site Furnishings
- Adding Buildings and Parking Lots
- Creating Water Areas, Rivers, Culverts, Pipe Lines, and Connectors
- Watersheds: How to Create and Analyze Them