Are you – or any of your staff – new to AutoCAD Civil 3D, or just looking to expand your understanding of this powerful design/drafting tool for the Civil/site industry? Maybe you’re just a periodic Civil 3D user, who wants to make yourself more valuable to the company, or improve your skill set for personal growth. Whatever the case, this class is ideal for anyone who wants to get a solid introduction to the most powerful site design package on the market.
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Note: Instructor will present using Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021. Students who wish to follow along with instructor are encouraged to use the same version.
Cost is per person. Must attend all four sessions.
Session 1: The AutoCAD Civil 3D Environment (February 16)
- What is Civil 3D
- Understanding Dynamic Objects
- Understanding the User Interface
- Working with the Civil 3D Toolspace
- Understanding Label and Display Styles
Session 2: Drawing Creation, Setup & Settings (February 18)
- Start, Learn, & Create Tabs
- Working With Templates
- Drawing Scale and Map Zones
- Default Settings
- Understanding the Settings Tab
- Importing/Exporting Settings and Styles
Session 3: Understanding Civil 3D Objects & Tools (February 23)
- Object Types Explained
- Context Sensitive Ribbons
- Civil 3D Annotation Tools
- Civil 3D Tables
- Analysis and Query Tools
Session 4: Project & Data Management (February 25)
- Understanding & Creating Civil 3D Projects
- Sharing Civil 3D Data
- Working With Data Shortcuts
- Working With Xref Structure in Civil 3D