Revit courses are usually oriented toward architects and design engineers, leaving the practical considerations of the construction world to be figured out on an “as-needed” basis. This class is different. We focus on the practical use of the Revit BIM system for construction use. We won’t show you how to build a model from scratch, we’ll show you how to use an existing BIM to extract the data, build the views, and generate the schedule data you need to build the project in the real world. This course is a must for any general or specialty contractor struggling to make use of the Revit system to optimize their process and see significant ROI on their technology investments.
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Note: Instructor will present using Autodesk Revit 2023. Students who wish to follow along with instructor are encouraged to use the same version. Students should have a solid understanding of Revit or have taken the Revit for Beginners or Revit Exploring the Essentials course.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 7 consecutive days. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Must attend all four sessions.
Session 1: Using Existing Revit Models (March 7)
- Saving and Opening Detached Models
- Navigating Existing Views and Sheets
- Understanding Schedules
- Using Existing Data from the Model
Session 2: Creating Views (March 14)
- Creating and Using Sections
- Creating and Using Elevations
- Creating and Using Details
- Visibility Graphics and Detail Levels
Session 3: Construction Plans (March 21)
- Generating Views from the Model
- Exporting Views for Use in RFIs
- Creating Quantity Takeoff and Material Schedules
- Generating Shop Drawings
Session 4: Coordination (March 28)
- Using 3D Views for Coordination and Clash Detection
- Using Section Boxes and Scope Boxes
- Preparing the Model for Export to Navisworks
- Creating a Simple Walk-through