Whether you’re designing roads, rails, airports, or anything else, you need to ensure vehicles can move safely and effectively through your sites. Autodesk Vehicle Tracking is the industry-leading software to help you ensure vehicular traffic moves effectively throughout your design environment. Vehicle Tracking fully integrates into the AutoCAD Civil 3D model environment for both horizontal and vertical clearances/controls. Vehicle Tracking also has amazing parking lot design capabilities and best of all, since it’s part of the AEC Collection, you likely already own the software! Why not learn to effectively use this powerful tool you’re already paying for?
ZenTek Consultants, the nation’s leading civil/site design experts can show you everything you need to know about swept path analysis with the Autodesk Vehicle Tracking system.
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Note: Instructor will present using Autodesk Vehicle Tracking 2022. Students who wish to follow along with instructor are encouraged to use the same version.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 48 consecutive hours. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Must attend all four sessions.
Session 1: Getting Started with Swept Path Analysis (June 7)
- Autodesk Vehicle Tracking Overview
- Understanding System Settings
- Understanding the Settings Wizard
- Understanding Drawing Settings
- Understanding Libraries And Their Objects
- Understanding Swept Paths
- Using AutoDrive Arc and Bearing
Session 2: Swept Path Analysis In-Depth (June 14)
- Creating a Manual Drive Swept Path
- Understanding the Report Wizard
- Checking Vertical Clearance
- Generating a Vehicle and Ground Profile
- Generating an Additional Vehicle Along a Swept Path
- Adding a Vehicle to a Site Plan
- Generating a Turn Template Using the Template Wizard
Session 3: Parking Design (June 21)
- Understanding and modifying The Parking Standard Library
- Modifying Parking Bays
- Creating and Editing Single Row Parking Bays
- Creating and Editing Double Row Parking Bays
- Creating and Editing Parallel Rows and Stalls
- Creating Access Roads Through Parking Areas
Session 4: Roundabout Design (June 28)
- Understanding and Modifying the Roundabout Library
- Creating a Roundabout
- Adding a Lane to a Roundabout and Changing the Design Standard
- Editing a Roundabout
- Adding Islands to Roundabouts
- Adding Crosswalks to Roundabouts
- Adding Rumble Strips to Roundabouts
- Adding Speed Striping to Roundabouts
- Design Review
- Drive the Design