$425 per person
Microsoft Project Professional is the industry leading Project Management tool in the Construction world and understanding how to use it is vital to every PM & Construction Super. This class addresses concepts of Project Monitoring, Custom Fields, Resource Pools and Master/Sub-Project controls. It is specifically designed for users who work in the construction industry and are comfortable with basic MS Project, or have already taken the “Microsoft Project Professional: The Basics” course. If you are a construction project manager, superintendent, or executive looking to increase your Microsoft Project skills and have better control over project tracking/reporting, then this is the class for you.
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Note:Instructor will be using the latest version of Microsoft Project Professional and students are encouraged to use same.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 48 consecutive hours. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Must attend all four sessions.
Session 1: Progress Tracking and Custom Fields
- Monitoring Project Progress
- Viewing Project Progress
- Adding Custom Fields
- Creating Custom Tables
- Creating Calculated Fields
- Creating Concatenated Fields
- Creating Customized Date Function Fields
Session 2: Views, Maps & Links
- Creating Custom Single Views
- Creating Custom Combination Views
- Creating a Network Diagram
- Analyzing a Project Plan
- Importing and Exporting Data
- Importing and Exporting Maps
- Importing External Files Into Projects
- Hyperlinking Files in Project
Session 3: Understanding Resource Pools
- Resource Pools
- Working With Resource Pools
- Sharing a Resource Pool
- Managing a Resource Pool
- Reporting and Analyzing the Resource Pool
Session 4: Master & Sub-Projects
- Multiple Projects and Master Projects
- Linking Projects Plans
- Creating a Series of Sub-Projects
- Managing Projects Within the Master Project
- Managing Projects in the Sub-Project