$495 per person (in the US and Canada)
Microsoft Project Professional is the industry leading Project Management tool in the Construction world and understanding how to use it is vital to every PM & Construction Super. This class addresses concepts of Project Monitoring, Custom Fields, Resource Pools and Master/Sub-Project controls. It is specifically designed for users who work in the construction industry and are comfortable with basic MS Project, or have already taken the “Microsoft Project Professional: The Basics” course. If you are a construction project manager, superintendent, or executive looking to increase your Microsoft Project skills and have better control over project tracking/reporting, then this is the class for you.
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Note:Instructor will be using the latest version of Microsoft Project Professional and students are encouraged to use same.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 48 consecutive hours. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Must attend all four sessions.
Session 1: Progress Tracking and Custom Fields
- Monitoring Project Progress
- Viewing Project Progress
- Adding Custom Fields
- Creating Custom Tables
- Creating Calculated Fields
- Creating Concatenated Fields
- Creating Customized Date Function Fields
Session 2: Views, Maps & Links
- Creating Custom Single Views
- Creating Custom Combination Views
- Creating a Network Diagram
- Analyzing a Project Plan
- Importing and Exporting Data
- Importing and Exporting Maps
- Importing External Files Into Projects
- Hyperlinking Files in Project
Session 3: Understanding Resource Pools
- Resource Pools
- Working With Resource Pools
- Sharing a Resource Pool
- Managing a Resource Pool
- Reporting and Analyzing the Resource Pool
Session 4: Master & Sub-Projects
- Multiple Projects and Master Projects
- Linking Projects Plans
- Creating a Series of Sub-Projects
- Managing Projects Within the Master Project
- Managing Projects in the Sub-Project