$425 per person | 8 CPC/CEU credits
Whether you’re a Revit veteran, or just breaking into the Revit world, Families are a vital component of any workflow. The Family’s ability to pre-define groups of objects with adjustable parameters is the very heart of Revit. Generating a complete library of Families to address the work that your company focuses on, instead of using generic examples that Autodesk includes with Revit, is the key to efficiency and increased profitability on your design projects. Understanding how to modify and build your own Families from scratch is a required skill for anyone working in the design world. Whether you’re looking to update your firm’s capabilities, or just looking to increase your personal Revit skills, ZenTek Consultants is here to help.
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Note: Instructor will present using Autodesk Revit 2021. Students who wish to follow along with instructor are encouraged to use the same version. Students should have a solid understanding of Revit or have taken the Revit for Beginners or Revit Exploring the Essentials course.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 48 consecutive hours. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Must attend all four sessions.
Session 1: Family Basics and Ground Rules
- Revit Family Basic Concepts
- Reference Planes vs. Reference Lines
- Workflow and Organization
- Parameters vs. Shared Parameters
- Practical Exercise – Parametric Box with Extrude
Session 2: Modeling for Families
- Creating Solids and Voids
- Working with Angles and Visibility Parameters
- Practical Exercises – CAD Files & Details
Session 3: Nested Families and Basic Formulas
- Understanding Nested Families
- Working with Formulas
- Practical Exercises - Formula and Nested Families
Session 4: Advanced Features
- Working with Advanced Formulas
- Creating MEP Connectors and Parameters
- Understanding Lookup Tables
- Family Quality Control and Organization