$495 per person | 8 CPC/CEU credits
Understanding the wide array of grading creation and editing tools that are available in Civil 3D is one of the greatest struggles for designers and technicians. Taking those tools and applying them to an actual Residential Site Design is even more difficult. This class teaches students practical use of Civil 3D Grading functions by developing grading for a proposed site, across all class sessions. This class is more than just an explanation of available grading tools. It teaches students how to use them on real world projects to generate realistic grading results.
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Note: Instructor will present using Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2023. Students who wish to follow along with instructor are encouraged to use the same version.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 7 consecutive days. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Must attend all four sessions.
Session 1: Feature Line Grading
- Creating Feature Lines from existing objects/surface elevations
- Creating New Feature Lines
- Creating/Extracting Feature Lines from Corridors
- Adding Feature Lines to Surfaces
- Editing Feature Line geometry
- Editing Feature Line elevations
- Working with Stepped Offsets
Session 2: Grading Objects
- What are Grading Objects
- Creating Simple Grading Objects
- Dynamic Interaction of Grading Objects
- Building Surfaces from Grading Objects
- Creating Grading Objects from Feature Lines
- Daylighting Using Grading Objects
- Detention Basin Creation
Session 3: Proposed Surface Design
- Understanding Surface Data Types
- Working with Breaklines
- Creating a Design Surface
- Dynamic interaction of data sources and surfaces
- Creating/Modifying Surface Display Styles
- Creating/Modifying Surface Label Styles
- Adding Contour Labels
- Adding Surface Point Labels
Session 4: Additional Grading Tools
- Understanding Parcels as Grading Tools
- Creating Grading Objects from Parcels
- Editing Parcel Elevations
- Editing Parcel Geometry
- Extracting Dynamic Feature Lines from Corridors
- Manual Contouring of Surfaces
- Merging Surfaces