$425 per person | 8 CPC/CEU credits
Developing reliable road designs inside Civil 3D is a vital component of the Residential Site design process. From initial Alignment layout, through profiling, and the creation of 3D Corridors and finished road surfaces, residential road design is a must-have capability for every civil designer and technician. This course will take students through a step-by-step development of all the components in Civil 3D needed to complete a full road design. Whether you’ve never done road design with Profiles, Assemblies, or Corridors before, or you just want to improve your skills with those features, this course will help you get the productivity out of Civil 3D you need.
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Note: Instructor will present using Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2022. Students who wish to follow along with instructor are encouraged to use the same version.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 48 consecutive hours. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Must attend all four sessions.
Session 1: Road Profiles
- Understanding Profiles
- Creating Surface Profiles
- Creating Design Profiles
- Editing Profiles
- Profile Design Control & Rules
Session 2: Corridor Assemblies
- Creating a Simple Assembly
- Inserting Sub-Assemblies
- Editing Sub-Assemblies
- Understanding Sub-Assembly controls
- Building Assemblies from Sub-Assemblies
- Mirroring Assemblies
- Editing Assembly Properties
Session 3: Corridor Creation
- Creating required components for Corridor creation
- Understanding Dynamic Interaction of Corridors
- Editing Corridor Properties
- Corridor Regions
- Creating & Dividing Corridor Regions
- Working with Surface Targets
- Working with Width Targets
- Working with Elevation Targets
Session 4: Corridor Sections & Surfaces
- Using the Corridor Section editor
- Section editor display & parameter controls
- Changing Assemblies by section
- Adding & Deleting Corridor sections
- Generating a Corridor Surface
- Setting Corridor Surface data types & codes
- Adding Corridor Surface Boundaries
- Dynamic actions of Corridor Surfaces