$425 per person | 8 CPC/CEU credits
Civil 3D is the world’s leading software for Residential Site Design projects, but all too often users struggle with the complexity and sheer number of different tools it offers to complete these designs. This one-of-a-kind course focuses not just on the Civil 3D tools, but on the full design and development process involved with a Preliminary Site project. The instructor will take students through best practices for developing access roads, parcels, site grading, and development of detailed surfaces by having them develop an example Preliminary Site from start to finish throughout all sessions.
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Note: Instructor will present using Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021. Students who wish to follow along with instructor are encouraged to use the same version.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 48 consecutive hours. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Must attend all four sessions.
Session 1: Residential Road Layout
- Site Design Definitions & Concepts
- Understanding Civil 3D Sites
- Creating & Labeling Centerline Alignments
- Alignment Offsets & Widenings
- Alignment Design Controls and Rules
Session 2: Parcel Layout
- Understanding Parcel Concepts
- Dynamic Parcel Layout
- Other Parcel Types
- Editing Parcels
- Parcel Reporting
Session 3: Preliminary Grading Design
- Understanding Feature Lines
- Creating Feature Lines from existing objects
- Creating New Feature Lines
- Using Stepped Offsets
- Editing Feature Lines
- Adding Feature Lines to Surfaces
- Dynamic interaction of Feature Lines and Surfaces
Session 4: Preliminary Surface Design
- Understanding Surfaces
- Setting Surface Display & Labeling
- Controlling Contour Display Styles
- Surface Data Labeling
- Understanding Surface Definition Items