$425 per person | 8 CPC/CEU credits
Few tasks in Civil 3D inspire as much confusion, or frustration, as trying to develop a pressure pipe network. While Pressure Pipes have been around for years, they have a reputation of being difficult to work with and many firms have completely avoided them, opting instead to “fake it” with gravity pipes, or just plain 2D drafting on their plan and profiles. This class is designed to show you that Pressure Pipes are a viable and efficient option for your water, gas, and other pressurized pipe designs. The instructor will lead students through the full process of plan, profile, and section layout and editing of a Pressure Pipe Network from initial layout to completion.
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Note: Instructor will present using Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021. Students who wish to follow along with instructor are encouraged to use the same version.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 48 consecutive hours. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Must attend all four sessions.
Session 1: Setting Up Pressure Pipes
- Setting Up Network Catalogs
- Building Parts Lists
- Default Settings
- Pressure Pipe Display Styles & Label Styles
Session 2: Pressure Networks in Plan View
- Creating a Pressure Network From Objects & From Scratch
- Labeling Networks in Plan
- Editing Network Properties
- Editing Pressure Networks & Pressure Parts in Plan
Session 3: Pressure Networks in Profile View
- Creating Pressure Network Alignments & Profiles
- Projecting Pressure Networks to Profile
- Labeling Pressure Networks in Profile
- Editing Pressure Networks & Pressure Parts in Profile
Session 4: Advanced Pressure Networks
- Drawing Pressure Parts in Profile
- Design Checks for Pressure Networks
- Depth Checks for Pressure Networks
- Displaying Pressure Networks in Sections
- Controlling Section Display and label of Crossing Pipes
- Creating Pressure Network Tables