$525 per person (in the US and Canada) | 8 CPC/CEU credits
Few tasks in AutoCAD Civil 3D inspire as much confusion, or frustration, as trying to develop a pressure pipe network. While Pressure Pipes have been around for years, they have a reputation of being difficult to work with and many firms have completely avoided them, opting instead to "fake it" with gravity pipes, or just plain 2D drafting on their plan and profiles. In the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2022 release, there were major updates to both plan and profile pressure tools, making it a much simpler process to design water, gas, and other pressurized pipe designs. In this course, the instructor will lead students through the full process of plan, profile, and section layout and editing of a Pressure Pipe Network from initial layout to completion, using the new design process.
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Note: Instructor will present using Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2024. Students who wish to follow along with instructor are encouraged to use the same version.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 7 consecutive days. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Must attend all four sessions.
Session 1: Setting Up Pressure Pipes
- Setting Up Network Catalogs
- Building Parts Lists
- Default Settings
- Pressure Pipe Display Styles
- Pressure Pipe Label Styles
Session 2: Pressure Networks in Plan View
- Creating a Pressure Network from Objects
- Creating a Pressure Network from Scratch
- Labeling Networks in Plan
- Editing Network Properties
- Editing Pressure Networks in Plan
- Editing Pressure Parts in Plan
Session 3: Pressure Networks in Profile View
- Creating Pressure Network Alignments & Profiles
- Projecting Pressure Networks to Profile
- Labeling Pressure Networks in Profile
- Editing Pressure Networks in Profile
- Editing Pressure Parts in Profile
Session 4: Advanced Pressure Networks
- Drawing Pressure Parts in Profile
- Design Checks for Pressure Networks
- Depth Checks for Pressure Networks
- Displaying Pressure Networks in Sections
- Controlling Section Display and Label of Crossing Pipes
- Creating Pressure Network Tables