Are you still using out-of-date software like HEC-RAS, StormCAD, or Hydraflow to try to integrate your hydrology designs with Civil 3D? Are you wasting countless hours manually marking up hard copies of files to get your storm and wastewater design information into construction documents? Stop carrying multiple software licenses and losing hundreds of man-hours on every project by using Storm and Sanitary Analysis (SSA) – Civil 3D’s built-in hydrology package. We can train your hydrology and design staff on the use of this powerful package, that you already have if you own Civil 3D! Why not use a hydrology system that is designed to dynamically integrate and update all your Civil 3D pipe networks and labeling?
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Note: Instructor will present using Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2023. Students who wish to follow along with instructor are encouraged to use the same version.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 7 consecutive days. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Must attend all four sessions.
Session 1: Pre-Development Watersheds (July 11)
- Creating Pre-Dev Watersheds in Civil 3D
- Generating TOC Lines
- Importing Soils Information
- Running SSA Stand-Alone
- Building a Pre-Dev Detention Pond in SSA
Session 2: Post-Development Watersheds (July 18)
- Creating Post-Dev Watersheds in Civil 3D
- Building a Post-Dev Detention Pond in SSA
- Sizing and Editing Detention Ponds in SSA
- Working with Stage Storage Tables
- Outlet Control Structures in SSA
- Reports in SSA
Session 3: Inlet and Pipe Design in Civil 3D (July 25)
- Building Pipe Parts Lists in C3D
- Setting up Migration Defaults
- Drawing a Pipe Network in C3D
- Exporting Pipe Networks to SSA
Session 4: Inlet and Pipe Design in SSA (August 1)
- Analysis and IDF Curve Settings
- Structure and Conveyance Controls
- Connecting Sub-Basins and Structures
- Working with By-Pass Flow
- Network Analysis and Sizing Process
- Reports in SSA
- Exporting Design to a File
- Importing Designs and updating Civil 3D