$495 per person (in the US and Canada) | 8 CPC/CEU credits
When it comes to generating 3D BIM models, you don’t need an entirely separate piece of software that costs thousands of dollars per year. With BricsCAD BIM, you can handle all of your 2D & 3D drafting needs within the same file. Not just that, but BricsCAD BIM uses direct modeling tools, which are far more intuitive and flexible than the parametric systems used by those expensive modeling systems. Whether you’re completely new to BIM, an experienced CAD user looking to extend your skills, or maybe you’re just looking for a more efficient, cost-effective way to handle your 3D modeling, this is the class for you.
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Note: Instructor will present using BricsCAD BIM V23. Students who wish to follow along with instructor are encouraged to use the same version.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 7 consecutive days. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Must attend all four sessions.
Session 1 – Getting Started
- What is BricsCAD BIM
- Why BricsCAD BIM and Not The Big Name Competitors
- Setting the BIM Environment
- Selecting Entities
- Understanding the Quad Cursor
- Navigating the Model – 3D Views
- Edges, Surfaces & Solids Explained
Session 2 - Basic Modeling
- Creating Walls and Slabs With QuickDraw
- Adding Rooms and Kick Outs With QuickDraw
- Adding Walls With the PolySolid Tool
- Using Drag, Push/Pull, and BIM Copy Tools to Edit Walls
- Adjusting Wall Heights
- Extending and Connecting Walls
- Adjusting Intersection Types
Session 3 – Windows and Doors
- Inserting Window Components Into Walls
- Editing Window Components
- Inserting Multiple Window Arrangements
- Creating Curtain Walls
- Inserting Door Components Into Walls
- Editing Door Components
- Creating Custom Door & Window Components
Session 4 – Completing the Design
- Using the Manipulator Tool
- Creating an Attic
- Adding a Roof & Overhangs
- Creating Cutouts
- Using the Structure Browser
- Using the Composition Browser to Assign Materials
- Using Bimify to Classify Materials and Generate Views