$425 per person | 8 CPC/CEU credits
In the Construction world, we don’t always need advanced drafting and design tools, but it can be a huge time and money-saver to just open a DWG file and make some simple edits or calculations. This course is designed to help the casual user become proficient with every day tasks and tools within the AutoCAD system. Whether you’ve used AutoCAD for a while and just want a solid refresher on basic skills, or you’re a new user trying to understand the tools you need to do your job efficiently, this class will help.
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Note: Instructor will present using Autodesk AutoCAD 2021. Students who wish to follow along with instructor are encouraged to use the same version.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 48 consecutive hours. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Must attend all four sessions.
Session 1: Understanding the Basics
- Drafting Primitives (Lines, Arcs, Shapes, etc.)
- Understanding Concepts of Scale
- Working with Model and Paper Space
- Understanding Viewports
- Understanding SNAP and OSNAP Tools
- Grip Editing and Control of Objects
Session 2: Simplified Drafting
- Working with Basic Editing Tools (Move, Copy, Rotate, etc.)
- Understanding and Controlling Layers and Linetypes
- Working with Hatch Patterns
- Creating and Editing Blocks
- Using the Block Editor
Session 3: Annotations and References
- Understanding Text and Dimension Styles
- Adding Text and Dimensions to a Drawing
- Understanding Xref Concepts
- Overlay vs. Attachment Xrefs
Session 4: Working with Polylines
- 2D Polyline Advanced Controls
- Polyline Editing Tools
- Polyline System Settings
- Working with 3D Polylines