$525 per person (in the US and Canada) | 8 CPC/CEU credits
When it comes to AutoCAD training, Construction Processes are often left out of the conversation. Most classes focus on basic AutoCAD design/drafting tools, like measurements, lines, layers, and printing. Most of us are already comfortable with those processes and need more Construction-focused workflows. When it comes to actual construction projects, AutoCAD can do far more than you think. It can help you compare document revisions, build sheet sets to access/manage entire document sets, geo-reference and build out construction access & control plans, and even let you do quick quantity takeoffs. If you want to see how AutoCAD can do all this, plus much more, then let ZenTek Consultants show you how easy it can be.
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Note: Instructor will present using Autodesk AutoCAD 2024. Students who wish to follow along with instructor are encouraged to use the same version.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 7 consecutive days. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Must attend all four sessions.
Session 1: Project Setup
- Folder Structure Best Practices
- Cloud Hosting Options
- Working with Referenced Files
- Using PDF & Image Underlays
- Comparing Drawing Versions
Session 2: Working with Sheet Sets
- Understanding Sheet Set Manager
- Creating Sheet Sets
- Adding Files and Folders to Sheet Sets
- Adding Custom Properties to Sheet Sets
- Publishing with Sheet Sets
Session 3: Construction Planning
- Geolocating Sites and Maps
- Site Access Planning
- Internal Traffic Control Plans
- Services, Trailers, Storage and Staging
- Hyperlinking to Other Files
Session 4: Customizing for Construction
- Understanding Tool Palettes
- Building Custom Tools and Palettes
- Understanding Tables
- Count Blocks Using Tables
- Adding Quantity Takeoff Formulas to Tables