$495 per person (in the US and Canada) | 8 CPC/CEU credits
Are you the CAD Manager for your firm, or would you like to be one? Maybe you’re the owner of a small design firm, just looking to make the most of the AutoCAD software you pay so much for? Whatever the case, this class will show you how to plan, develop, and implement system-wide standards and changes that will have a dramatic impact on your firm’s bottom line. The topics in this class are relevant to anyone using “non-BIM”-based systems for generating construction documents in any AEC field. If you aren’t 100% comfortable with all the topics below, then this is the right training resource for you!
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Note: Instructor will present using Autodesk AutoCAD 2023. Students who wish to follow along with instructor are encouraged to use the same version.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 7 consecutive days. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Must attend all four sessions.
Session 1: Managing Standardization
- Program Options and Settings
- Creating Default Profiles
- Building Standardized Templates
- Creating Title Blocks & Attributes
Session 2: Management with Style
- Working with Plot Styles and Pen Weights
- Creating Annotation Styles
- Creating Table Styles & Defaults
Session 3: Managing the Daily Processes
- Building a Layer Standard
- Controlling Project and Xref Structures
- Building Standardized Details Structure
Session 4: Managing Blocks and Tools
- Create and Control Block Libraries
- Working with Tool Palettes
- Working with Design Center