$525 per person (in the US and Canada) | 8 CPC/CEU credits
This course will take you beyond the basics of grid layout and component placement in the Revit BIM environment. We’ll show all the advanced linkages, detail modeling, and connection elements students need to fully understand in order to put together a true Structural BIM using Revit. Whether you’re a structural engineer or an architect looking to layout comprehensive structures in your design, this course will help you understand and apply the vital Revit Structural processes you need.
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk.
Note: Instructor will present using Autodesk Revit 2024. Students who wish to follow along with instructor are encouraged to use the same version. Students should have a solid understanding of Revit or have taken the Revit Structure Simplified course.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 7 consecutive days. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Must attend all four sessions.
Session 1: Coordinating Models
- Setting the Project and Survey Base Points
- Receiving and Linking Revit Models
- Copy/Monitor Objects (Levels, Grids, Floors)
- Creating Views from Linked Models
- Coordinating Levels (Structural vs. Architectural)
Session 2: Building the Structure
- Translating Architectural Walls to Structural
- Modifying Wall Profiles
- Modifying Beam Cuts
- Structural Precast for Revit
Session 3: Steel Construction Tools
- Advanced Steel Connections
- Fabrication Elements
- Steel Modifiers
- Parametric Cuts
Session 4: Exporting Views and Reports
- Advanced Schedules and Formulas
- Material Takeoff Schedules
- Exporting Views and Schedules
- Generating Reports