$495 per person (in the US and Canada) | 8 CPC/CEU credits
Developing site design controls and surfaces in Civil 3D is a vital skill set, but it’s one that’s all too often left to a “learn as you go” process. Civil 3D provides designers with a powerful set of tools to generate fast, detailed, and reliable site conditions for both existing and proposed surfaces. This class will cover all site related processes in Civil 3D from understanding surface components to advanced Grading and Subdivision design tools.
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Note: Instructor will present using Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2023. Students who wish to follow along with instructor are encouraged to use the same version.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 7 consecutive days. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Must attend all four sessions.
Session 1: Surfaces Made Simple
- Understanding Surfaces
- Setting Surface Labels/Display
- Controlling Contour Display Styles
- Creating/Modifying Surface Display Styles
- Creating/Modifying Surface Label Styles
- Adding Contour Labels
- Adding Point Labels
Session 2: Surface Component Controls
- Adding Points/Point Groups
- Adding Boundaries
- Adding/Editing Surface Points
- Adding/Editing Breaklines
- Swap Edges and Smooth Surfaces
- Reviewing Surface Details/Information
Session 3: Grading Design Tools
- Understanding Feature Lines
- Creating Feature Lines from existing objects
- Creating New Feature Lines
- Using Stepped Offsets
- What are Grading Objects
- Creating simple Grading Objects
- Dynamic interaction of Grading Objects
- Building Surfaces from Grading Objects
Session 4: Subdivision Grading
- Creating Dynamic Parcel Layouts
- Editing Parcels
- Controlling Parcel and distance/bearing labels
- Adding custom fields (addresses) to Parcels
- Generating Parcel Reports/Legends
- Extracting Feature Lines from Corridors
- Working with Feature Lines
- Creating side lot controls with Feature Lines
- Using Grading Objects to daylight rear yards