$495 per person (in the US and Canada) | 8 CPC/CEU credits
Project Explorer is a powerful tool for managing, editing, validating, and reporting on all your AutoCAD Civil 3D design objects. It's one simple interface to control all your alignments, corridors, pipes, surfaces, and just about any other Civil 3D object and it’s now included as a full part of your AutoCAD Civil 3D design software! Project Explorer is an ideal way to quickly and accurately update and report on all your design information. It’s a great tool for all CAD users, from beginners to advanced designers, but it’s also a perfect way for engineers and managers to review, report on, and directly modify designs without getting bogged down in the CAD process. Project Explorer is the most important tool added to the Civil 3D system in the last decade and it’s an absolute must to understand and use it in every aspect of civil/site design.
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Note: Instructor will present using Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2023. Students who wish to follow along with instructor are encouraged to use the same version.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 7 consecutive days. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Must attend all four sessions.
Session 1: Intro to the Project Explorer
- Understanding Project Explorer
- Project Explorer Interface
- Using Keyboard Shortcuts
- Working With Object Categories
- Searching and Filtering
- Understanding Violation Notifications
- Setting Display Preferences
Session 2: Review and Edit Designs
- Editing Line Items
- Editing the Civil 3D Model
- Editing Specific Civil 3D Items
- Using Intervals and Calculated Stations
- Comparing Civil 3D Objects
Session 3: Customizing Project Explorer
- Understanding Layout Options
- Setting Object Specific Layouts
- Controlling Column Displays
- Save and Reuse Layouts
- Resetting Defaults
Session 4: Reporting and Output
- Using Quick Reports
- Editing Report Styles
- Editing Table Styles
- Save and Reuse Report Styles
- Understanding Object Sets
- Creating and Using Object Sets